- Property and urban development
- Project planning
- Cost and carbon footprint analyses
- Project and construction management
- Supervision services
- Building services engineering
- Low-carbon construction
- Safety coordination
- Moisture control
- Project method consultancy
- Risk management
- Procurement consultancy
- Commissioning services
- Coordination of tenants
- Structural and element engineering
- Wood structures
- Business and office premises
- Cultural facilities
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Hotels and other accommodation
- Parking facilities and terminals
- Residential and hybrid buildings
- Schools, educational institutes and day care centres
- Sports and recreation facilities
- Low-carbon construction and circular economy
- Industrial construction engineering
- Acoustical engineering
- Technical analysis
- Renovation engineering
- Infrastucture engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Design services for rock engineering
- Underground engineering
- Specialist services
- Surveys and inspections
- Laboratory services
- Nuclear waste management
- About us
- Contact us
- Construction manager Mikko Mäläskä named 2020 construction management consultant of the year
Construction manager Mikko Mäläskä named 2020 construction management consultant of the year
The Finnish Association of the Construction Management Services named AINS Group’s construction manager Mikko Mäläskä 2020 construction management consultant of the year. Mäläskä, who works on the Future Hospital 2030 for Oulu University Hospital project, is a life cycle and data model expert who promotes multidisciplinary collaboration in construction projects.
AINS Group’s construction manager Mikko Mäläskä, originally from Oulu, was named 2020 construction management consultant of the year. As grounds for its decision, the jury emphasised Mäläskä’s strong life cycle and data model expertise and his desire to develop professionally and to share his expertise.
Currently, Mäläskä is working on the Future Hospital 2030 for Oulu University Hospital project, in which he is responsible for the supervision of technical engineering. This massive project in Oulu was launched with a view to building a new university hospital that will be the most advanced in the world in terms of its technology, space design and expertise. As part of two alliances, Mäläskä is responsible for the steering and coordination of the first stage design group.
The construction industry is coming on in leaps and bounds in various areas, with project management moving forward with the help of digitalisation and collaboration, according to Mäläskä.
– A construction manager should be open to new things and take steps to develop professionally. It’s not possible to have the best expertise in all areas, but having a broad knowledge base helps you understand the work of multidisciplinary teams and to find the best experts in a large project organisation to address challenging or surprising situations, explains Mäläskä.
In addition to development roles in the construction industry Mäläskä, 41, who has a master’s degree in engineering, has held positions related to production and design management tasks in collaborative, technically challenging projects, and he also shares his expertise as a visiting lecturer.
– The jury appreciated Mikko’s strong expertise in the areas of digitalisation and data models. He has participated in several demanding projects, completing them successfully. OYS 2030 is the latest example of a multidisciplinary project that requires excellent scheduling skills and the ability to see the big picture, says Jani Rantala, chairman of the board of the Finnish Association of the Construction Management Services.
The Finnish Association of the Construction Management Services has selected the construction manager of the year since 2010. The decision is made by a jury consisting of members of the construction management executive team of the Finnish Association of Building Owners and Construction Clients (RAKLI). The prize was given out at the Construction Management 2021 event on 14 January 2021.
For further information:
Mikko Mäläskä, Construction Manager, AINS Group
tel. +358 40 740 8076
Jani Rantala, Chairman of the Board, Finnish Association of the Construction Management Services
tel. +358 41 515 2435
"A construction manager should be open to new things and take steps to develop professionally"