- Property and urban development
- Architectural Design
- Project planning
- Cost and carbon footprint analyses
- Project and construction management
- Supervision services
- Building services engineering
- Low-carbon construction
- Safety coordination
- Moisture control
- Project method consultancy
- Risk management
- Procurement consultancy
- Commissioning services
- Coordination of tenants
- Structural and element engineering
- Wood structures
- Business and office premises
- Cultural facilities
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Hotels and other accommodation
- Parking facilities and terminals
- Residential and hybrid buildings
- Schools, educational institutes and day care centres
- Sports and recreation facilities
- Low-carbon construction and circular economy
- Industrial construction engineering
- Acoustical engineering
- Technical analysis
- Renovation engineering
- Infrastucture engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Design services for rock engineering
- Underground engineering
- Specialist services
- Surveys and inspections
- Laboratory services
- Nuclear waste management
- About us
- Contact us
- “Engineers should have a little bit more architect in them" - AW2 Architects and AINS Group join forces
“Engineers should have a little bit more architect in them" - AW2 Architects and AINS Group join forces
AINS Group, an engineering and consultancy service provider for the real estate and construction industry, is expanding its operations to architectural design. AW2 Architects specialised in architectural design of public sector buildings forms the group’s new architectural design business sector. The deal was signed on 15 December 2021.
"We combine high-quality architectural design, technical design, project management and life cycle and cost management to achieve the best possible built environment. We want to create a new, sustainable and comprehensive design and management culture in Finland, where designers assume a more comprehensive approach toward the fulfilmentto fulfilling of the customer's goals,” says AINS Group’s CEO Jyrki Keinänen.
“Architects should have a little bit more engineer in them and vice versa”. This old view still holds true, because only mutual understanding between the various design sectors along with collaboration between the parties ensure high quality and successful results. Together we will be able to offer more sustainable design solutions and to export Finnish expertise abroad,” says founder of AW2 Architects and Chairman of the Board, architect Matti Anttila.
Chairman of the Board at AW2 Architects, Matti Anttila, and AINS Group CEO, Jyrki Keinänen, agreed on the merger, enabling “architects to have a little bit more engineer in them and vice versa."
AW2 Architects comprise AW2 Architects Oy, renowned as architectural designer of public service buildings, and Integrated Healthcare Design Oy, focused on international export projects. AW2 Architects also offer architectural design services in Estonia. The total number of personnel in the Helsinki and Tallinn offices is over 60.
The company’s operations will continue with its existing employees and key personnel under the name of AW2 Architects as part of the AINS Group's network of experts. Matti Anttila will take up the position as the Senior Vice President for the business sector.
“Our multisectoral approach improves our possibilities to serve customers comprehensively all the way from project development to the use of the facility. An ambitious approach and the ability to listen to customers' needs will remain our strengths," Anttila says.
Joint projects of AW2 Architects and AINS Group include the HUS Siltasairaala Bridge Hospital hospital project about to be completed in Helsinki’s Meilahti and the Laakso Joint Hospital project, currently under project-planning stage, and the planned Royal Center event and sports venue project in Jätkäsaari, Helsinki.
The merger follows the acquisition of industrial and building engineering expert, AX-Consulting, to be a part of AINS Group in November. The mergers will grow AINS Group into a community with over 1,000 experts and five business sectors: architectural design, construction management, structural engineering, civil engineering, and industrial and building engineering.
For further information, contact:
Jyrki Keinänen, CEO, AINS Group
Tel. +358 40 662 5662
Matti Anttila, Senior Vice President, Chairman of the Board, AW2 Architects Oy
Tel. +358 40 861 3740
Photo: Janne Savon
'We combine high-quality architectural design, technical design, project management and life cycle and cost management to achieve the best possible built environment.'
- Specialised in architectural design of public sector buildings, particularly in social welfare and health care projects.
- Offers design services for municipalities, cities, hospital districts and private operators in the construction sector.
- AW2 Architects Oy has 56 employees. In addition, there are 7 employees at Integrated Healthcare Design specialising in international hospital planning projects and bringing together designer networks.
- Turnover 6.2 million euros in 2021.
- Founded in 1993.
- Offices in Helsinki and Tallinn.