Tampella’s old Pellavatehdas factory was built in stages between 1857 and 1973. As a central part of the Tammerkoski national landscape, the building is protected in the city plan. It has been converted to office and hospital use. In the conversion, the building’s history was respected and no major changes were made to the façade. The frame of the original portion consists of cast-iron pillars and panels of corrugated iron sheeting. In addition, the intermediate floors feature pitched brick vault structures.