The property at Kauppakatu 14 was built in two stages in 1902–1903 (the outer parts) and in 1926 (the middle). It was designed by architect’s office Geselius–Lindgren–Saarinen and architect Birger Federley. With regard to the façade, the goal was to use a colour that was as close to the original tone as possible as indicated by the old layers of paint discovered on the façade and ornaments. The façade’s plastering was redone in most areas, and the ornaments were refreshed. The windows, which had been replaced in the 1990s, were painted.