- Property and urban development
- Architectural Design
- Construction management
- Structural and element engineering
- Wood structures
- Residential and hybrid buildings
- Hotels and other accommodation
- Schools, educational institutes and day care centres
- Cultural facilities
- Business and office premises
- Parking facilities and terminals
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Sports and recreation facilities
- Technical analysis FEM and CFD
- Research and development
- Industrial construction engineering
- Renovation engineering
- Infrastructure engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Rock and underground engineering
- Technical engineering
- Acoustical engineering
- Cost and sustainability management
Low-carbon construction and circular economy
- Energy consulting
- Carbon footprint consulting
- Carbon footprint calculation
- Carbon-neutral urban development
- Circular economy consulting
- Construction and demolition waste compliance
- Pre-demolition audit
- Optimisation of the carbon footprint of materials
- Groundworks with recovered materials
- Low-carbon construction management
- Surveys and inspections
- Specialist services
- About us
- Contact us
AINS Group’s CEO to change in January 2023
The 48-year-old Kari Kauniskangas, M.Sc. (Tech.), B.Sc. (Econ.), will take over as the CEO of property- and construction-engineering and consulting company AINS Group. Jyrki Keinänen, 61, who has acted as the group’s CEO since 2014, will continue as a shareholder, moving to duties related to international expansion and growth investments.
– Jyrki Keinänen is an inspiring and much-respected leader, under whose management AINS Group has grown into the best-known company in the engineering and consultancy sector and a sought-after partner. During his term as CEO, the company has tripled in size, without compromising on a people-centred approach where its experts are appreciated. Jyrki has also given his time and energy generously to the development of the entire construction sector. On behalf of the board, I would like to thank Jyrki for his work, which will carry on after the turn of the year, says Risto Kyhälä, chairman of the board.
Kari Kauniskangas will start as AINS Group’s CEO on 1 January 2023.
Kari Kauniskangas is an experienced property- and construction-sector leader and board professional. He acted as CEO of the listed company YIT between 2013 and 2020, before which he served in various managerial positions within that company. More recently, he has carried out board duties in the construction and property sector – for example, for AINS Group.
– We are very pleased to have Kari Kauniskangas, who already knows us and has acted in challenging leadership positions, to take the forward-looking AINS Group forward on its ambitious path toward further growth. Kari appreciates top-level expertise and knows the interface between design and construction and the areas that need to be developed, says Kyhälä.
AINS Group, which is owned by the Finnish capital investment company Vaaka Partners and shareholders who also work for the company, employs up to 1,300 engineers and consultants, and it had a turnover of 106 million euros (pro forma) last year. The goal in the company’s ambitious growth strategy is to achieve annual turnover of 200 million euros by 2025. To achieve this target, the company is seeking to grow both organically and via corporate deals.
– AINS Group is a high-level expert company and a sought-after workplace. The company has been financially profitable for years, and it has the ability and desire to develop the sector as a whole. From my vantage point on the company board, I’ve seen that the company’s customer experience is among the best in the sector, its order book is strong, and the atmosphere is great. This is an excellent springboard for further growth, enabling us to utilise the opportunities offered by growth while respecting the values built on the appreciation of people and collaboration, notes Kauniskangas.
After the turn of the year, Jyrki Keinänen will continue with the company as the director for promotion of new business in Finland and abroad and as a member of the board of the subsidiaries that invest in property development and growth business (AINS Investment Ltd and AINS Ventures Ltd).
– AINS Group has found an experienced top expert as its next CEO. With Kari at the helm, our development, success, and growth will continue in the spirit of good collaboration, explains Keinänen.
For further information, contact:
Risto Kyhälä, chairman of the board, AINS Group
Kari Kauniskangas, CEO of AINS Group from January 1, 2023
Contact via communication
Silja Sarkamo, tel. +358 50 379 4767